Friday, March 22, 2013

UNTITLED


I lost my soul, somewhere in the jungle
So deep is the thicket-my life, that I lost
My feeling stripped from the only heart I own
I have spread myself to  every corner
I am translucent now.

I wonder if I ever really had my soul
It always felt like a constant endless battle
A plea of emancipation, nay, freedom
My shadow grew so afraid of that it ran
Hid somewhere beyond the moon

My soul turned me into a monster
I was jealous and selfish-nay both
I locked myself in a dungeon, discarded the key
Starving myself to punish my soul
Both master and slave I was.

It finally broke free, my soul
It ran wildly, like a wounded wildebeest
All my limbs were weak from hunger
So my past ran through my fingers like water
I could outrun or catch my wild buck

I now sit under the sky, soul at large
My empire collapsed, and the history recorded
I have to start again… I have got to rebuild
The whispers in the rustling leaves a conversation
All I need is a soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment