Friday, March 22, 2013

JACK COME OUT TO PLAY


There’s a girl
Standing in the rain
Waiting to knock on a door
But the fear consumes her
So she doesn't
She just stands there
Waiting for the door to open
Like magic
Like in the movies

There’s a reality
When the sun shines,
The romance is over for her
The door will open
Jack will come out to play
Lest he becomes a dull boy
Or maybe a social outcast

So it’s not for her
A play of fate
A normal thing
Nothing special
So she stands in the rain
Waiting for the door to open

Jack come out to play
In the rain
We can play pretend-
That the rain is dew
We can swim in the river
If we drowned
At least we’d hold hands
When we walked towards the light

Then when the sun shines
She’ll walk away
Happiness is too painful
It makes the world stop spinning
Because pain is all we really want
Like a girl standing in the rain
Willing to die
Willing to live

Open the door jack
I'm here
I won’t ring the door bell
Do you feel my heart?
It’s in the thunder
Scratching at your window
Can you hear me breathe?
I make the trees fall-
In your lawn

Come come
Hold me before the sun shines
While I whisper wet despicable things-
In your ears
For a moment...
On your doorstep
Jack come out to play
Before the sun shines...

No comments:

Post a Comment